Under the Context of Real Life


"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do".

I know. It sounds like another song by Imagine Dragons. Then it says...
"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do- this I keep on doing."

It's not some new lyrics nor a viral post from Thought Catalog. These were the same exact words in Romans 7:15,18&19.

Jesus who became human himself even knew this struggle too, he said that "the spirit is willing but the body is weak" (Matthew 26:41b).
So we barely even touch the bible because we think only righteous people do that.. Then here it is talking about us and the things we're dealing with in our messed up lives. We would even be surprised at how the Scripture talks about the simplest and most practical issues in life from "he who gathers money little by little makes it grow" (Proverbs 13:11b), to "do not stir up or awaken love until the appropriate time" (Song of Songs 8:4). Yes, the bible also talks about money savings and love life. It knows no righteous or unrighteous, just the grace of God.
It talks about basically everything! It even talks about this too- about what we would least expect the bible would address blatantly, because it seems out of "holy context" like how we thought or probably taught it should, but again, there it mentions a passage which says..
"So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun is grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind". (Ecclesiastes 2:17)

As to whether the writer ever found the meaning of life? No spoilers!

P.S: It was life changing.


(Image Source: Peachknee)

Comments

Popular Posts