Still, My One True Love



I will write of my love for You,
     of how my spirit longs for You,
     and that it cries when this flesh fails You.
Yes I'm aware of its groaning,
     of its sobs that though unheard
     are louder than my heartbeat,
     clearer than this vision, alive
     more than this feeble breath.
I shed tears but not as much as You shed blood for me,
      and this is what frustrates this soul
      that's vague in purpose apart from You
      and incapable to measure Your goodness.
Empty, I am without You
      Though gone astray
      Always led back to You
      For who do I have in heaven but You.
Listen, my spirit's faint whisper
      before Your mighty throne
      I miss You, I always miss You
      You're still my one true love
      And I am Yours...

"My soul yearns for You in the night, 
in the morning my spirit longs for You..."
-Isaiah 26:9a



(Image Source: Adeline A)

Comments

  1. This was such a beautiful poem to read.
    Keep doing what God has called you to. God bless.
    Joanny
    imachoccakeaholic.blogsot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thank you dear sister. All glory to God.
      God bless your work of hands and also with your beautiful blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts