Ballad of an Untamed Soul


My soul
Is as rich as the vines
That springs up the balcony of lovers
It's as prosperous as the lad
Who seeks the finest bride of the mount
With a pastel I splash colors in a heartbeat
But it bursts out tainting whatever is left pure
Why has Thou made this soul a banquet
If inside its halls the past dances in a loop
And inconsistency feasts over its tables
What is the will if it can't be tamed
And the mind if it is wild as the a leopard
Should these emotions be friends
If its company hints betrayal
No use if a pot asks its Potter
The clay is the same story told
Can I clasp the universe with my fingers 
Or alter creation with a word
Woe to me who longs to see a glimpse 
The tree of knowledge back at Eden
This rebellious heart led me fully aware 
That Your grace outshines this sphere
That in Zion sings Your people
That an outcry reveals Your breath
Oh this dark night
The battle down the core
If it's better to strip three bandit
This soul I declare is Yours. 


This is for the ones going through the dark nights of your souls. God sees you. He's not surprise by your breakdowns and outcries. His light is meant to shine in the darkness. He just wants you to gain your soul... By losing it.


"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? 
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God."
-Psalm 43:5




(Image Source: Christian Resources Today)

Comments

Popular Posts