He Consented to Be Sued with a Penalty of Death


YESTERDAY EVENING, I heard a good professor express his thoughts on Implied Consent of the State to be Sued, through a parallelism to Jesus Christ:

Just as the State steps down from its sovereignty to level with an ordinary citizen when it enters into a private contract, allowing it to sue and be sued-

It is so when Jesus Christ stepped down from His divine sovereignty and levels Himself into a man, allowing his subjection to death, so to enter into a contract with humanity.

"A contract" I thought. He did made one: the blood covenant.

***
THAT SAME NIGHT, someone happened (and I believe not coincidentally) to ask me if I could encode a written sermon on Philippians 2. The verses, very wonderfully state:

“6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!” Phil.2:6-8


MY HEART SANK.❤️😭

This might sound so cliche but I am fully convinced, even beyond my own understanding; The Lord Jesus died for me.

He died for you too.

Comments

Popular Posts