For Philip


"Even the wall of Jericho fell".

You told me that day you first tried my favorite Caramel Milk Tea.

I had to confess about my "wall" the moment that I realized I ordered Caramel with you; that you've been starting to become a real part of my life-- not because it just so happened, but because you meant to. You meant to drag that empty chair from another table to sit beside me in the library. You meant your remarks after every oral recitations. You meant to catch up every time I walk fast pass the corridors. You meant to stay awake on my late night study routine. You also meant to tell me all about your grandmother when we even barely knew each other. This, to start with, together with a gazillion things, were things you meant. 

You were always so sure about me and so sure about us. I often laugh at how ridiculous your projections could be. But silently, I see it too. I know it when I see faith. And I believe. Maybe despite running away from this fact at first; I've always known that I see things the way you see it; I've always known that what you believe in, is what I believe in too.


I believe in an unfathomable love. I believe in a Savior. I believe in the statutes and promises of his Word. I know He lives. I know that through a thousand ways I have seen His glory; and a thousand more. I know that I will always love the lover of my soul since the day He rescued me, that I couldn't help to worship him and live a life for Him. I know His name is Jesus, sent by a Father because of His great love. I know He is speaking to you, just as He speaks to me.

And before we even knew each other this way;
I somehow knew your language, 
I speak that language too. 
I knew where you came from,
I also came from there.
Bones to Spirit- somehow, I knew you

It doesn't really take long to fall for someone you feel like you've already known a long time. Although technically, there is absolutely no logical reason why I should, considering how "different" we're supposed to be. But even the "different" was beautiful too. Constitutional Law and Criminal law, although miles of jargons apart, may also find harmony. There is wisdom that is not of this world.

So my Jericho did fell. But it wasn't a catastrophe.
Bewildering, yes. Scary too. After all, it takes courage to follow conviction.
But it fell just like it should: surely and promptly.

The rest then, has become history and a series of miracles we will speak of one day. 
But as of now, I will speak of this--  That I met a man after God's own heart in such a time like this, and it was you. 

So Philip, love; Chief Justice Morgadez, remember how you objected once that: "implied" is nice, but "expressed" would be better? Objection sustained. 

In case it's hard to read in between the lines;

You were right. Even Jericho fell. 
Now with all of heaven's intervention, 
With all of God's grace and faithfulness
As sole Author, and Director,
I fell for you and still am falling for you.





Love, Tara

Comments

Popular Posts