To 2016, with love

The wall deco just above my headboard.

I was giggling in excitement as a new item I've pre-ordered online just arrived before 2015 ended. It was a new wall deco that I have personally customized to be one of my favorite verses in Scripture:
"...with God, all things are possible" -Matt. 19:26

Indeed, there is nothing that's beyond God's power and control. My experiences in 2015 all bear witness to this. It has been a year of turning points and revelations. And I believe God will do even greater things this year-- for a small family like ours, for this little town, for this nation, and for every nation in the world. According to prophecy, God's call this 2016 is to "arise and shine" as people who bear the name of the Lord: "arise, shine, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord is upon you (Isaiah 60:1)". In light to this, I know that it is only by God's grace that His people could materialize this calling.  My deepest desire this year therefore is to cling on to that grace and recognize that my God is the source of all; the love, the joy, and the strength, that keeps the mobility of my faith from conviction to action. My deepest desire is to desire Him.

It is an intuitive attitude of us to aspire for change as another year begins. People are talking about their new year resolutions and the entire world is stirred at the onset of another 365 days in the calendar. People too, have been asking me about what my resolutions are to be
this year. And appealed by the concept of "a new year, a new me" statement, I started thinking about some for myself (though at first I never really had a plan to say it anyway). This is the part when I realized God has moved my life so much that I am always led back to my faith when I think about anything for myself.  When I think of things I'd want to change and mistakes I did in 2015, I cannot find a fault greater than this; That there were times I failed to seek Him enough, there were decisions that were made without His counsel and instances when His wisdom was set aside. I am reminded that together with everything that was good, 2015 year brought me hard-earned lessons too, now another year is given to me to apply those lessons, to do better, to indeed "rise up and shine". And there is this strong conviction that this begins with a more prayerful life, a stronger devotion and higher dedication.

My resolutions then are not really "resolutions" but are "declarations"-- That this year is for the Lord. He owns this life. This year is to do greater things in His name, to get bolder in proclaiming about my Jesus Christ, to strengthen the contrast between I and this world. For I cannot keep this relationship in the shadows. I cannot hold back the love I feel for this Savior. It's simply impossible not to be transformed when His very own divine intervention is at work. This 2016, I would want to seek Him more and get realigned to His will and purposes. And when the going gets tough... I'll go back to Matthew 19:26.

So my dear 2016,
You are for the Lord. 
With love,
Tara.


Comments

Popular Posts